Thursday, September 11, 2008

Settling in to this life style..

The past few days have been quite nice, I've just been spending time outside going for long runs, getting lost in Thailand. I have a new inspiration to run! Having such beautiful scenery has made working out a lot more enjoyable. I got that massage I was talking about in my last blog... it was amazing this Thai women put her whole heart and soul into my massage and it was only 8 dollars. It was a little shocking at first, but she even massaged my boobies. ha ha. I've been learning how to ride the motor bike that Cindy and Brian own, it is so fun! I just went into town on it for the first time. I was really proud of myself because those streets are wild and driving in the left lane is hard to get used to. On my run, the other day I was chased by a pack of dogs it was frightening, but I survived.
I also went to this really poor Thai school and I think that I am going to volunteer there once a week and do something fun with the kids!
Last night when I went to Thai boxing with Tristan, I met a pro boxer, he is the best boxer in Singapore which is pretty dang good. There are 4 million people in Singapore. Anyways, I thought that was cool he was really nice. Well, Tristan and I are going to go boogie boarding now. You're all probably wondering why I haven't said a word about the ocean yet, but that is simply because for the past few days it has been raining like crazy but today it is sunny. So I'm going swimming.

5 comments:

Michelle, Andy, and Kaila (and???) said...

Arielleeeee! You go girlly, you rock. I could see you kicking some butt kick boxing! Loving your blogs, keep um comin! mom

Common Tater said...

I was enjoying your latest update until I read about the pack of dogs. I hear Arielle "news" from your Mom, too. Sounds as if you are having a good time. Grandma Kathy

Monica said...

ARIELLE! Cool story, getting chased by a pack of dogs. To bad it doesn't top my story of getting chased by a pack of wolves!
I heard you went to Yoga and even mediated! Does Charlie know you got your bobbies massaged? Keep writting. We miss you and love you.

Common Tater said...

I don't want you chased by dogs, wolves, monkeys, kick-boxers, tigers, (Your Mom threw in the tigers);or, anything with two or more legs that can inflict damage--which encompasses almost everything in the World.

Although I know you are fearless (and stubborn), keep a sharp eye on all of the above.

I want my Granddaughter to come home as happy, carefree and beautiful as the day she flew to Thailand.

Grandma Kathy

Bretagne said...

Hey You!

I am so excited for you to be in such a beautiful place, and I envy your freedom to run, bike, swim, play, etc!! Us moms (and dads....) over here are lucky to get 30 minutes in these days....

I understand the scariness of being chased by dogs! I was chased by a pack of dogs in the redwoods in Santa Cruz with Scarlett on my back and my little husky on a leash. Luckily I carried a big stick (there were all kinds of crazy militants out there...) and since I couldn't run, I came after the dogs with my stick and a huge low voice and "chased them home". I think they would have tried to kill my dog if I would have backed down. They were HUGE...

What are you eating there? Anything really tasty? Be sure to learn a few killer recipes to share with us USA'ers when you get home...

Love you,
Bretagne