Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I leave for rock climbing mecca on Friday!!!

Hey everybody, I just got my ticket to go to Krabi, I can't wait... I am going to rock climb like crazy and hopefully meet some cool travel buddies. Everyone that I have met here in Phuket says that there are a lot of you travelers to be met in Krabi.
On monday, I went to the school that I was talking about, I volunteered for about 2 hours, and I was thoroughly tired by the end. There were 30 kids and none of them spoke english! I sang songs with them and taught them how to write their names in english. I felt good about helping them. They were so appriciative and fascinated by me, it was really cute.
Unfortunatly I woke up this morning with a raging head ache and a bad stomach ache. It must have been from all the ocean water that I accidentally swallowed or something.

5 comments:

Common Tater said...

Hi Arielle,

How are you feeling? Your body may be adjusting to the new foods and water in your diet?

Be careful scampering up the cliff walls--with your nice long toes, you will get a good grip on the rocks.

You and Justin are both in my thoughts this week. Stay safe so that Justin is my one big worry!

Grandma Kathy

Common Tater said...

Arielle,

I checked a weather report for Thailand: thunderstorms and high dew points which is exactly the same weather that we have in NC. Do you feel as if you are in a sauna most of the time?

Hope you are feeling better tonight. It is around 9 in the morning here and 8 at night for you. After a busy day, you are probably thinking about getting ready for bed. I'm ready to get the vacuum out and do some cleaning. With two large dogs, and the wet weather, there are always a lot of muddy paw prints.

Monica said...

Hi Arielleeee!
That is so cool you volunteered at the school. Good Girl! That is an experience you and the kids will always remember.
Are you taking the vitamins I sent with you? Stay healthy. Have fun rock climbing and stay safe. I am having a Pizza Party at our house on Friday night. It won't be the same without you. I will say prayers for you and your brother.
We love you and miss you.

Common Tater said...

Arielle,

It is Thursday morning (night for you). How are you feeling today?

Grandma Kathy

Monica said...

Hi Arielle,
I am excited to hear about your rock climbing trip and see some cool pics. I know a nice couple that live about 1 hour by plane from Pucket; they workout at JSFC. They will be returning to Thailand in Nov and said you can come stay with them. Are you interested. How should I go about connecting you guys? Do you have e-mail. Have you talked to Charlie lately? Nice pics of you and lot's of cute boys. Are you trying to drive him crazy or what! He must have seen them as he got his ticket to come play with you!
Take care,
Love Momica