Friday, January 2, 2009

My Solo Journey begins again

Saying goodbye to sis was really hard... it's strange to anticipate something for so long and then have it be over before you know it. Our time together was well spent, it's the first time me and her were able to bond and connect on an adult level. I learned a lot from her, she is such a good person. The morning I sent her off, I watched the taxi drive away and I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I don't mean to sound so dramatic, but the feeling was empty. I no longer had some one to laugh with, to adventure with, to be scared with, to appriciate and be amazed with, to talk about Charlie with, to bicker with, ha ha, to have good conversation with... all the joys of having constant company were kissed goodbye. Luckily, I am couch surfing now, and it is wonderful! It's so nice to feel welcome in a real home! My room is beautiful, I am located in a quite neighborhood, and the woman I am staying with is really cool. We can talk for days. She has a lot of wisdom. I'm so stoked on life. I'm proud to be making my way in this world, I am strong. This trip is exciting and I can't wait to see what comes next.

1 comment:

Common Tater said...

Arielle,

Sounds as if you and "Sis" had a good time together--with a few tiffs in between.

A room of your own AND good home cooking--doesn't get much better.

Glad you've settle in for awhile; and, have met someone nice and wise.

Grandma Kathy