Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Being a beach bum

For the past few days, I've been hanging out on the beach all day, eating tropical fruits and meeting people. I start my day with a long run, and a bike ride, with a bike that hardly fits me and seems as though a wheel is going to fall off every time I catch the slightest bit of speed. I have to say it keeps me amused. I'll be going down the high way, cars whizzing by and I'm just cracking up because my tire is swirving all over the place and the Thais are looking at me like "Just another crazy tourist" ha ha. But it gets me around and the way Stefanie cooks for me I might be in trouble if I wasn't getting in a little extra exercise. Last night we had breaded fried fish with potatoe salad, and I kept trying to stop eating but she would say "come on you're growing have another peice of fish" By the end of the night I was laying on the floor in pain doing stomach stretches to try and digest all the food! I'm not playing games here.
A few nights ago I met up with some friends, we went out to dinner and then did some shopping at the night market... later on we decided to go skinny dipping. It felt good to be swimming at night, I am so free! Today I've just been having a day to myself. I went for a nice hike, and and when I got to a peaceful spot, I would sit and enjoy being with me. I'm really beggining to feel ok with being alone, actually I think I'm starting to take a likeing to it. I love to just be, and listen to my thoughts and work on quieting them. Its a job on its own, but I find it to be relaxing and I always feel much happier after some quality time in a secluded spot perched in front of the massive ocean. Today, started out a little bit rough, and by the time I was climbing all these huge hills on my little mountain bike in the blazing sun, I couldn't help but smile. Life is good.

3 comments:

Michelle, Andy, and Kaila (and???) said...

I love the new suit arielleee. I was wondering why you hadn't gotten a new one. It seems that things are pretty in expensive there, why not, you live in a swim suit there. Love the new pictures. I am jealous that stephanie gets to spend so much time with you. Love ya mom

Common Tater said...

Hi Arielle,

I like your new swim suit, too. Maybe your mom will buy a new suit for herself before she visits in March?

You are staying busy and burning up all the extra calories from Stephanie's good cooking! You LOVE to eat; and, she loves to cook!

I looked at your newest photo; and, it looks as if you miss home (and Charlie).

Your mom sent me a batch of photos from their snow fun; and, there is a LOT of snow this Winter.

Grandma Kathy

Monica said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Arielle! We missed you so much for Christmas. Thanks for calling us. It made it feel a bit like you were here to talk to you. We loved having Charlie and Tom home! Charlie's friends were very fun and so loveable. I'm glad your sister was with you and am so excited to hear your mom is coming. I hope Charlie surives until he gets there! What a knucklehead.
Your pictures are great. I love the night Market and the New Years Party. I'm glad to see you are staying at a nice place and have meet a nice woman. Take care of yourself and be careful.
Love Monica