Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bali, Lombok, and the Gili Islands

My most recent adventures took place in Lombok and the Gili Islands, Levi, Nof and I decided to do a little trip to some of the near by islands... the first stop was Lombok, as I said in some of my comments on the photos, Lombok wasn't the most exciting place. We only spent 2 nights there and by the time we left it felt like we were running to leave. There were so many locals trying to make money off of tourism, and unfortunatly not enough tourists. For instance while we sat down for dinner there would be atleast 30 people approaching us to sell a cheap cheap necklace. It was actually quite sad. The one guy that we bought stuff from, we ended up sitting down and having a drink with. He told us about his life, and how he's just waiting to die, because he knows things will be a lot better for him then. I couldn't bare to hear someone say that. Life is special, and its sad to hear a 40 year old say that he hasn't discovered that. There lives are much harder though. Anyways, the one whole day that we spent in Lombok, we rented motorbikes and drove through those hills that I took pictures of. It was breath taking, and I mean that. My face was locked in a look of aw. We passed through a few villages too which was pretty cool. Then the next day we got on a ferry to the Gili Islands. It was very nice there too. The first day me and the boys walked around the whole island. the next day Levi and I went snorkeling for the whole day, we swam with sea turtles, saw an eel, and a SEA SNAKE, I was stoked. This little island that we were on was a hot spot for young travelers whol like to party. Unfortunatly I didn't have much energy left at the end of the day... Now I'm back in Bali, I was in transit for 14 hours yesturday! It was tedious. But I made it and I am soooooo happy to be back at my home away from home. Today I woke up put on my running shoes and went for a 2 hour run, it was great.

3 comments:

Michelle, Andy, and Kaila (and???) said...

Loved the pictures of the house, thanks, and yes anything for your mother!!!! Your life is truly amazing. Love ya Mom

Common Tater said...

Good morning, Arielle,

It is always nice to see a new update and photos.

This is the coldest time of year in SE North Carolina; and, I wear a long flannel night gown and fuzzy socks in bed. So, it seems "other worldly" to see my granddaughter living in a swimsuit.

Your "couch" in Bali is very nice.
I asked Ed for the Polish "hello"; and, he told me. However, I can't pronounce or spell it; but, I can say the Slovak hello: ahoy. So, tell Yanni your grandma says ahoy.

Monica said...

Hi Arielle,
I almost feel like I am there with you. At least part of me is, my shirt!
I am so happy your Mom is coming to see you. That is going to be great. Charlie and Tom are really excited to go surfing in Indo with you! Be careful and keep having great experiences!