Friday, November 7, 2008

Halong Bay (Vietnam)

Halong Bay was amazing, the first night we stayed on a boat. It was epic, we all went on the top of the boat, some people played guitar and we all sang together. Laying out underneath the stars, surrounded by mountains and cliffs on a beautiful bay, what more could you ask for. The next day we woke up bright and early to go exploring in kayaks, and hiking in caves. Besides the fact that there were so many tourists, it was really nice. I posted some pictures of Halong Bay and the people that I went with, they are very fun. I'm back in Ha Noi, and I am going to spend a few nights here at the backpackers hostel and then go trekking in Sapa which is farther north in Vietnam then Ha Noi. It's supposed to be nice.

6 comments:

Common Tater said...

Enjoyed your latest photos; and, am HAPPY you have met some nice, young travel companions.

From the first photo and caption, you are a "little" homesick and miss Charlie.

Grandma Kathy

Michelle, Andy, and Kaila (and???) said...

Arielle, Wow, those pictures are amazing!! I am so envious of your travels, cant even express how envious I am. You are incredible and amazing. Looking forward to your day of picture taking tomorrow. Love ya Mom

gma said...

Fabulous photos- can't believe this is the same girl who only wanted to shop while we were in Paris. We are following your journey - wish we could have seen places "up close and personal" the way you are although if the truth be told I was never that adventurous.
THinking of you with love- keep writing -

Gma

Monica said...

Great Pictures Arielle,
glad to see you are meeting some girls on your trip too! Maria looks like she could be your sister. I went skiing for the first time today. It was fun, but I was wishing you were with me. I'm happy to see your trip is going well now and you are continuig to have amazing adventures. I saw the itinterary Charlie arranged for Bella to come visit. Pretty exciting, but a little scary too. I hope you two are going to take really good care of her.
Love you very much!
Monica

Shelby Miller said...

hey arielle this is shelby looks like you are having a great time. I am glad things are going well. Just thought I would say hi.
-Shelby Miller

Common Tater said...

Hi Arielle,

When you get a chance, update your posting. It has been almost 20 days!

Good to know you are traveling with a group of young people. Everyone appears to be having a good time; and, I enjoyed the "leaps" to the sky.

Grandma Kathy