Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back in BANGKOK

I am back in Beautiful Thailand and it feels good... The last time I wrote was all the way in Northern Vietnam! Wow! So from Ha Noi, I made my way down south, I haven't been writting much about it because most of Vietnam was raining cats and dogs and flooding. I was cooped up inside quite a bit. I saw some of the beaches in Vietnam, they were really dirty and the water was cold and brown it really made me appriciate southern Thailand. Even though Vietnam had bad weather, there was something about it that I really liked... I know I'll be back some day. So for the past few weeks I've been doing a lot of sight seeing. In Ho Chi Minh, I went to a war museum that pretty much makes anyone who sees it hate americans. It was interesting for me to see. I feel like I've learned so much about all this stuff, but until you put me in a museum in Vietnam where it actually happened I have a hard time engaging myself. I also went to the Couchi Tunnels where the Viet Cong army would hide to attack the americans. It was very eye opening, I made an attempt to crawl in the tunnels that they actually used but I got really scared. I felt like I couldn't breath and I was about to pass out. So I turned right around and escaped. The tunnels smelled like death. After that I crossed the border into Cambodia, and of course went and saw the famous ruins of Angkor wat and Angkor Thom. My friend Pat and I rented bikes and went around to see the temples that way.. it was nice, I felt like a local because that's how they all get around. After seeing Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom I was completely templed out. They were very beautiful, but I was almost more entertained by all the tourist watching, they just crack me up. I spent the next day wondering around Siem Reap, buying some christmas presents for my little sister. I love her, I want to see her and give her big hugs and kisses. I'm having so much fun here, and I can't wait until my sis gets here we are going to have a blast! Yayaaaa.... I love my life.

No comments: