Monday, November 3, 2008

Ha Noi!!

I just arrived in Ha Noi on a night train at 3 am, and I love this place... It's beautiful and there are so many nice people flocking everywhere. I am staying at a backpackers hostel, and it is quite the scene. I am going to have no problem meeting other people that are doing the same route as me. I already met this group of english guys who are starting in Northern Vietnam and heading south and then crossing the border into Cambodia and then into Thailand which is exactly what I am doing. There are oppurtunities everywhere, people to meet and amazing places to see. I am overwhelmed with things to do here. I think I am going to spend some time in Ha Noi and enjoy the city scene for a few days and then I will go to Halong bay to do some kayaking and rock climbing. I am so excited right now. It seems like everytime I get a little down a new leaf turns over. Life is great! Oh and I posted some pictures of 4000 islands and some other old ones because this computer is really fast.

3 comments:

Common Tater said...

Beautiful photos. You have inherited your mom's photo "genes".

Travel with a group (more then one);and, I won't be as worried.

Today is election day in the U.S.
Hopefully, late tonight, we will wake up and know who will be President.

You should hear all the political news; since, the rest of the World has been following this election.

Grandma Kathy

Bella said...

hey there smells! it's bella and monica. we saw that you did some really cool deep water soloing and elephant riding. that looks soooooo fun!!! we sould do that when i come! we miss you verry much and hope you are having tons of fun! those photos are really cool! p.s. tomorrow is my b day!!! i wish you were here to throw down with me :( i love you!!!!
Arielle Girl!
i agree with GMa Kathy, travel with a group and are there any girs traveling in that area. all the pics are of you and boys. i was so sad to hear about you getting sick and having a hard few days of travel. i'm glad you are ok and safe. It was totally awesome to talk to you the other day. thanks for calling. we miss and love you very, very much!

Michelle, Andy, and Kaila (and???) said...

Oh my gosh Arielle,
WE WON!!!!!! Love ya Mom