Saturday, October 18, 2008

In Laos..

I'm in Laos right now, and so far it's beautiful, but I miss the beaches of Thailand already. Oh yeah, the trekking in Chiang Mai was pretty sweet, it was up hill for like 2 hrs. and all my trekking buddies were huffing and puffing up the hill. I'm so used to hikes with Charlie and going slow is not an option, so I made it to the village about an hour before the rest of the group. The white water rafting was fun too, but once again it could have been a little more exciting. Over all, I enjoyed the company of the people, and it was quite the experience, the jungles are really lush right now. I got to Laos on a slow boat, and it was great for meeting people, it ended up being about 20 hrs of sitting on wood seats on the Mekong river. I'm not sure where I'm going to go next, but I know that tubing is on my agenda, because that is what Laos is known for.

2 comments:

Common Tater said...

Enjoy the photos and narratives of your exploits.

Grandma Kathy

Michelle, Andy, and Kaila (and???) said...

yuk! I know you are not drinking that drink!!! Thanks for the pictures areilleeee. Take more today of Vang Vieng, would love to see your bungalow, and the mt. that you hiked yesterday. Love ya mom