Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cameron Highlands... still in Malaysia!

As I stand on the peaks of so many mountains, up in the mist and the clouds, I reflect. My mind runs through all of these incredible experiences, and I still can't believe how much beauty my young eyes have seen in the past seven months. Beauty from every aspect. I look back on every moment, and it feels so good to say that I wouldn't change any part of this trip. I am over the top satisfied about who I've met, what I've done, what I've seen, what I've felt, and the wisdom I've gained from this! I'm stoked on life! I've been hanging out here in the Highlands for a couple of days now, and I'm glad I found this place. Its peaceful and climbing up mountains using my hands to pull my body up, slipping on the red dirt, tripping over roots, and being so exhausted at the end of the day is the best form of meditation for me right now. I love it here. The air is fresh, crisp and smells like pine trees and rich dirt. The town is cute and the food is extremely cheap. I'm staying in a dorm meeting the people who come and go in 3 day time periods. I'm rarely sweaty and there are about 20 trails right out my door step. I feel healthy here. I'm going to stay here for another 6 days and then I'm off to cross the border into Thailand!! Wahoooo!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the new posting and photos. You must read my mind because I thought: It's time for Arielle to give us an update.

This area is beautiful and looks cooler than the other places you've been staying.

Stop making the day for all the crazy old men in the World!

Michelle, Andy, and Kaila (and???) said...

Hey Arielleeee, who would have thought that the Highlands would be so amazing. You followed your intuition once again, and it has paid off.
Wow, we diffenately have to go there on one of our side trips from Bali. Looks like my kind of place.
I am over the top excited about having more adventures with you and Char Char. You can practice your Arielle Boot Camp stuff with me.
You are almost 19 years old Arielleee. Incredible. Loving you Mom

gma said...

Just a few short weeks before Charlie and Tom arrive. You'll be back in Bali doing a bit of house hunting I imagine. What an adventure awaits your family. GPA, Mimi and I are headed to Bend on Saturday to celebrate Kaila's birthday- there's going to be a party Saturday so maybe she'll talk to us on Sunday. Lisa and Justin are coming too- we'll toast your birthday at MCKay Cottage . We'll miss you but know you're doing something cool.

Love, GMA

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Arielle!
We Love You like a Chicken!
Best and very Beautiful Birthday wishes for a Beautiful Person that is the Best!
Love Monica, Bella and Doug!

bella said...

arielle!! i miss you so much. i cant believe charlie and tom are going there in like less than a week. that is going to be so much fun!!! i love the pictures and everything looks so amazing. we are very lucky to be able to do such cool stuff like this. i love you and cant wait to see you!!!

bella said...

hey when charlie and tom get there you guys should skype me and you can talk to me and matt. that would be nice to hear your lovely voice and see your beautiful face!